We call ourselves
- Christian because we are followers of Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus was the Son of God and that he is the center of human history.
- Reformed because we grow on a branch of the church tree that emerged from the Protestant Reformation in sixteenth-century Europe.
- Church because we believe God has called us together to be a people who belong to him and live for him.
We believe that the Bible is the authoritative Word of God. It contains all that people in any age need to know for their salvation. We call the Bible God’s Word, believing that, by the power of the Holy Spirit, God speaks to us through this book.
Mission and Vision Statements
As people called by God,
- We gather to praise God, listen to him, and respond.
- We nurture each other in faith and obedience to Christ.
- We love and care for one another as God’s people.
- We commit ourselves to serve and to tell others about Jesus.
- We pursue God’s justice and peace in every area of life.
The Christian Reformed Church is a diverse family of healthy congregations, assemblies, and ministries expressing the good news of God’s kingdom that transforms lives and communities worldwide.
Our emblem is the cross in a triangle. The triangle represents the Trinity, our belief in the one God we know as three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The cross symbolizes our belief in Jesus Christ’s sacrificial death for our salvation.